The Days to Come

2017 has been a year.  Okay in some ways, but definitely not in others.

I'm still here.  And I'm still trying.  Still looking forward.

I hope and pray that 2018 will be a remarkable and positive year for me (and my family).  There will be challenges, failures and triumphs.  Hopefully more triumphs than failures.

Coping with the effects of 2017 is what 2018 will be about.  I have, in effect had one arm since March of 2017.  Two surgeries and then breaking my left arm has handicapped me this year.  No surgery will fix things now - it's up to me doing rehabilitation for the next year to get back to nearly normal.  Bummer, but I'll do it.  And while I'm at it, I'll be working at rehabbing my whole body to make it healthier.  That includes losing weight, getting my diabetes under better control (and hopefully eliminating the need for medication), and gaining strength.

I am also a bit concerned about my lack of focus.  Short-term memory seems to be a minor problem.  I think reading more and writing more will help - hence the beginning of blogging again.  Less TV and Netflix, more brain action.  Some of my posts will be organic, some will be prompted.

Other goals for this year include purging excess stuff from my house, not shopping, and doing more sewing.  Working on at least 30 minutes of reflection time per day and 30 minutes of exercise per day are also priorities. 

We all have the same 24 hours in a day.  My goal is to use mine more effectively!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Comments

  1. Welcome Back! We have similar goals. Let’s keep each other motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So glad to see you posting again. I need to do MORE. think the old NABLOPOMO gang would form a FB group to encourage each other again, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Mother's Obsession Has Become Mine

Leaving the Nest

Alone in the Pew